Here’s a list of all my favorite beauty products from 2013. I’m not going to go into detail discussing each product because I’ve talked about most of them in monthly favorites posts already, but if you have questions about any of them just ask! Some products aren’t pictured because I don’t have them with me right now but most of them are pictured either in this post or a previous favorites post.
face products: foundation, concealers, powder
face products: blushes, bronzer, highlighters, setting spray
- Nyx HD concealer
- Maybelline Fit Me concealer
- Benefit Boi-ing concealer
- Benefit Stay Don’t Stray eye and concealer primer
- Elf HD translucent powder
- Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 foundation
- NYC Sunny bronzer
- Elf Tickled Pink blush
- Physician’s Formula Translucent Pearl powder
- Benefit Highbeam
- theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer
- Nyx Boho Chic Rouge cream blush
- *Tarte BB Tinted 12-hour primer
- Elf Mist & Fix
eye products: mascaras and eyeliners
eye products: eyeshadows and eye bases
- Nyx white eyeshadow base
- Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows in RSVP and Bikini-Tini
- Naked 2 palette
- Lorac Pro palette
- L’Oreal Infallible eyeshadow in Iced Latte
- Nyx Pearl pigment
- Nyx Aloha eyeshadow
- Stila Kitten eyeshadow
- L’Oreal Infallible Super Slim liquid liner
- Urban Decay eyeliners in Rockstar and Stash
- Urban Decay eyeshadow in Sellout
- Too Faced Perfect Eyes pencil
- Revlon Colorstay eyeliner
- Maybelline Colossal mascara
- Maybelline Big Eyes mascara
- Covergirl Lash Perfection mascara
- Covergirl Clump Crusher mascara
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz
- Milani Brow Kit
- Anastasia Beverly Hills clear brow gel
- MAC eyeshadows in Satin Taupe, Shale, and Shadowy Lady
- Rimmel Scandaleyes waterproof kohl eyeliner in Taupe
- Nivea lip butter in Raspberry Rosé Kiss
- EOS lip balms
- Nyx Soft Matte lip cream in Tokyo
- Wet ‘n Wild Mega Last lipstick in Think Pink
- Tarte Lipsurgence matte lip tint in Lucky
Le Angelique curling wand
- One ‘n Only Argan Oil Spray
- Suave Dry Shampoo
- Le Angelique Ultimate Curling Iron 18/25mm
- Tresemmé Heat Tamer Spray
- *Sebastian Shaper Zero Gravity hairspray
- Aquolina Pink Sugar hair perfume
- Aquolina Pink Sugar perfume
- *Victoria’s Secret Pink Soft & Dreamy perfume
- Victoria’s Secret Pink Sweet & Flirty body mist
Red Carpet Manicure gel polish system
nail colors and Sally Hansen Dry & Go drops
- *Trim Nail Care 7-way buffer
- Red Carpet Manicure gel polish system
- Sally Hansen Dry & Go drops
- Sally Hansen gel polish in Greige
- Essie Beyond Cozy, No More Film, and Vested Interest
- Covergirl Outlast Bronze Beauty and Silver Lining
- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Pink Satin
- *China Glaze Devotion
- *Sinful Colors Shine Divine
* not pictured
Tags: 2013 favorites, anastasia, anastasia beverly hills, aquolina, beauty, Benefit, Benefit Cosmetics, china glaze, cosmetics, covergirl, elf, eos, essie, favorite beauty products, favorites, hair, L'Oreal, le angelique, Lorac, MAC, mac cosmetics, makeup, maybelline, milani, nails, nivea, nyc, nyc cosmetics, Nyx, one n only, perfume, physician's formula, pink, pink sugar, red carpet manicure, Revlon, rimmel, Sally Hansen, sebastian, sinful colors, Stila, suave, tarte, the balm, thebalm, too faced, tresemme, Urban Decay, victoria's secret, wet n wild
Leave a comment
I wanted to show you guys the type of look I would wear to a Christmas or New Years party since those days are soon approaching. I decided to build the eye look around Urban Decay’s Maui Wowie, a metallic golden beige with silver glitter. It’s definitely cooler than most gold shades. For the face, I wore my usual foundation, concealer, and bronzer. I used a cool pink blush with a light silver-pink highlight. I didn’t apply any lip color because I wasn’t actually going out but I would definitely use something light and neutral with this look.
I apologize for my hair in my face in the photos!
- NYX White Eyeshadow Base
- UD Maui Wowie on lid and middle lower lash line
- L’Oreal Infallible Iced Latte in inner corner and inner lower lash line
- MAC Copperplate in crease
- Too Faced Pillow Talk (Naked Eye Palette) above crease
- UD Pistol in outer corner and outer lower lash line
- Lorac Pro Palette Slate in far outer V
- L’Oreal Infallible Super Slim liner on upper lash line and wing
- Too Faced Perfect Eyes pencil on outer lower lash line
- (I used tape to get the straight line on the outer V)
- Covergirl Brow & Eye Makers pencil in Soft Blonde
- Rimmel Brow Pencil in Hazel
- Milani Brow Kit
- Benefit Speed Brow gel
- Lorac Pro Palette Cream to highlight
- Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous foundation
- Maybelline Fit Me concealer (under eyes)
- Benefit Boi-ing concealer (on blemishes)
- Elf HD powder (set under eyes)
- Hourglass Diffused Light Ambient Lighting Powder (all over face)
- NYC Sunny bronzer
- NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Boho Chic
- Elf Pink Passion blush
- Benefit High Beam
- Physician’s Formula Translucent Pearl highlighter
Tags: beauty, Benefit Cosmetics, christmas, cosmetics, covergirl, dramatic eye makeup, e.l.f., holiday, holiday look, hourglass, hourglass cosmetics, L'Oreal, Lorac, MAC, makeup, maybelline, milani, new years, Nyx, nyx cosmetics, physician's formula, rimmel, too faced, Urban Decay
Leave a comment
I got really busy over the past couple months with schoolwork so I’m really sorry about not having an October favorites! I had all the products drafted out but never made time to take the photos. So I’m combining my favorite products since September for this post!
- Sigma E25 Blending Brush – I got a mini version of this brush (just the shorter handle – the brush tip itself is the same) as the little extra when I bought my Creme de Couture palette. I use it for blending a little bit, but I still prefer my E35 for that. I mostly use this for applying lid colors and highlighting under my brows because it’s more flat and less round. It’s great quality like all Sigma brushes and it was nice to get it as a free extra since it’s a $15 brush and the shorter handle doesn’t make it any less capable of doing its job.
- Real Techniques Essential Crease Brush – RT recently came out with a set of 6 brushes (2 eye, 2 foundation, 2 finishing) called “Sam’s picks” and this was a set exclusive so of course, me being me, I had to buy the set just for this brush. But the set also had 4 brushes I love and would like to have duplicates of anyway. The essential crease brush is awesome because it’s light and fluffy so it’s great for applying a transition color really softly. It’s also got a nice shape where it’s round at the base but slightly pointed at the end so it can be used for blending as well as getting a more concentrated application of color. Love it!
Left: Sigma E25; Right: Real Techniques Essential Crease brush
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Rockstar – I’ve had this for a while and always use it in the fall and winter. It’s a dark eggplant color and I think it helps bring out my hazel eyes. The formula of these pencils is super smooth and creamy so it’s really easy to apply.
UD 24/7 Glide-On Eyeliner in Rockstar
- Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner in black – This is a twist up eyeliner so I love that I don’t have to sharpen it. It’s very pigmented and creamy – great quality for a drugstore liner. I can get a nice thin line very close to my upper lash line so this is easy to apply when I don’t want to spend a long time on my eyeliner.
Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner in black
- CoverGirl Lash Perfection mascara – This is a great lengthening mascara that also adds a good amount of volume. It doesn’t clump and the brush is a good size (I hate huge mascara brushes like the Flamed Out mascara for example). I just wish it came in a waterproof formula too!
- Maybelline Big Eyes mascara – I don’t really use the regular sized brush upper lashes brush but I love this for the small brush for lower lashes.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara – I got a little set that came with a mini size of this and the Perfect Eyes eyeliner and this mascara is great! The wand looks kind of scary like it’s going to clump everywhere but it’s no clumpier than the average volumizing mascara. This stuff really adds awesome length and volume.
- Ulta eyeshadow in Silk – This is a rediscovered favorite. I was reorganizing my makeup storage and remembered that I had this. The shade is similar to MAC’s Phloof! – it’s a frosty light beige. I love it for a lid color as well as a brow highlight. It also really adds a pop to the inner corners.
Ulta Silk Eyeshadow
- MAC Pigment in Pink Opal – I bought some sample sized MAC pigments for around $3-4 each from here and I highly recommend it! Perfect if you just want to try out some pigment shades without committing to the full size and paying $21 for it from MAC. I thought this color is really cool because it’s white but has pink reflects so it has an awesome pink sheen when you tilt it in the light.
- NYX Pigment in Pearl – This is an iridescent frosty pink shade and I think it looks really pretty for a nice pop to the lid and inner corner.
Left: MAC Pigment in Pink Opal; Right: NYX Pigment in Pearl
- NYX eyeshadows in Aloha, Charcoal Brown, and Hunter Green – These are all very pigmented and soft. Hunter Green and Chocolate Brown are great colors for fall! Aloha is a nice shimmery everyday lid color.
Top to Bottom: NYX eyeshadows in Charcoal Brown, Hunter Green, and Aloha
- Benefit Creaseless Cream shadow in R.S.V.P. – I didn’t think about buying this before because the color is a rose gold sort of tone and slightly darker than what I usually choose for an eyeshadow base but I have been using this non-stop! The color is great for fall and winter and looks really pretty when worn alone too. And the formula of the Benefit cream shadows is amazing as always so it has a really nice, smooth texture.
- NYX White Eyeshadow Base – This is just like the Milk Jumbo Pencil except in pot form so you don’t have to sharpen it. Just as great as the Milk pencil and the formula feels pretty much the same. Great for brightening up colored shadows.
Left: NYX White Eyeshadow Base; Right: Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in R.S.V.P.
- NYX HD Concealer – This is a great formula and I love liquid concealer for under my eyes because I can use my beauty blender and get a great finish. However, I have to say that the shade range for this concealer could use some improvement. I bought CW01 (Porcelain) because I’m usually the lightest color in face makeup since I’m so pale. It’s actually pretty light on me so I use it for brightening as well as concealing under my eyes. I wanted to get another one in my actual skin tone so got CW02 but I really can’t see a difference between that and CW01. I swatched CW03 in the store but it was more salmon toned. I swatched my color in Maybelline Fit Me concealer next to all these swatches and none of them were close enough that I felt I could really find my shade. But I love the lighter shades for brightening and again, the formula is great.
- CoverGirl Professional Loose Powder – I’ve used HD translucent powder for a long time but I noticed the white cast that would show up in photos, so I wanted to buy a flesh colored powder to try out. This one was only $6 and it’s AMAZING. It photographs nicely and a little goes a long way. I use it with my ELF kabuki and I feel like I don’t have to use that much powder to completely set my foundation and concealer. I always had to use a lot with the HD translucent powders. It has a super tiny amount of shimmer but you can’t see it when applied and it kind of adds a little bit of a glow/brightening effect. It also feels really nice and smooth on the skin. The only negative is it’s a little thick compared to the translucent powders I’m used to, so sometimes I mix the translucent powder with it (about half and half) and I love the way that comes out and feels on my skin.
- CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation – GREAT coverage! Not too thick and you don’t need that much to get the good coverage. It’s around the same consistency as Benefit Hello Flawless, but the shade range is much better. It’s pretty long lasting and lightweight feeling.
- NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Boho Chic – I like a nice cream blush during the colder months and this is a nice basic light pink color that gives me a natural looking flush.
NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Boho Chic
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Tokyo – This is my new favorite lip color product! I love lip products that dry completely and don’t come off when I take a drink or eat something. My MUFE Aqua Rouge did this, but it also feels kind of stiff on my lips. This is soft (just like the name says!) and I barely feel it when it’s on. It dries completely after about 5 minutes to the point where I can kiss my hand without any product transferring. I wish they had more shades because I would buy a lot of them! Tokyo is a light pink, almost nude shade. I also just bought Antwerp, which is more of a coral.
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream
left: Tokyo, right: Antwerp
- Sally Hansen Dry & Go Drops – OH MY GOD these are insane. Why did it take me so long to try these?? They literally work wonders. You wait a minute after applying a top coat and then do a couple drops on each nail with this. After 2 minutes your nails are GOOD TO GO. No smudges or dents. It’s like a miracle. I wish I had tried this many years ago. Anyone who paints their nails seriously needs this in their life!!!
Sally Hansen Dry & Go Drops
- Red Carpet Manicure Portable LED Light & Must Haves Kit – I’ve been wanting a gel polish kit so I could give myself gel manicures at home instead of paying $30+ at the salon. Ulta was having a buy 1 get 1 half off on Red Carpet Manicure products and this was cheaper than most kits I’ve seen. The portable light is smaller than the regular one but this just means you have to cure 4 nails on one hand, 4 nails on the other, and then both thumbs instead of each hand at once, and you have to cure it for about twice as long (but 2 minutes really isn’t that long anyway). Their regular light is $50 and the portable is $25 (got it for $12.50 with the sale) so I would say the price makes up for the slight disadvantages. The Must Haves Kit includes their Purity Cleanser (you use this before the manicure), Erase Gel Polish Remover, Prep polish, base coat, top coat, and cuticle oil. My manicures using these products have lasted just as long as the salon gel manicures do so I don’t think I will ever pay for a salon gel manicure again!
- Sally Hansen Pro Gel Polish in Greige – This is a nice neutral taupe (great for fall!) and was the first gel polish I bought to try out. I haven’t used a Red Carpet Manicure polish yet but I figured all gel polishes are probably the same, and my manicures lasted a while so I doubt mixing brands matters.
- Formula X for Sephora Xplosives Top Coat in Chaotic – First of all I just wanna say I am so impressed with how many different effects are available in the Formula X line! So glad they came out with it. I bought this top coat which is basically black and white confetti so it has a bunch of different shapes in it – hexagon chunks, tiny dots, sticks – and looks almost like paint splatter on the nails. I just bought the another one in Wham! which is just white confetti. I think the effect is super cool looking and really easy to do. The confetti is dispersed pretty well so you don’t have to paint a bunch of coats or push the confetti around to get the desired effect.
Formula X for Sephora Xplosives Top Coat in Chaotic over China Glaze For Audrey
Tags: beauty, Benefit, cosmetics, covergirl, fall favorites, favorites, formula x, formula x for sephora, MAC, mac pigment, makeup, maybelline, Nyx, real techniques, red carpet manicure, Revlon, Sally Hansen, Sephora, Sigma, too faced, Ulta, Urban Decay
Leave a comment
- Covergirl Clump Crusher mascara – no clumps at all with this stuff!!
- Maybelline The Colossal mascara – lots of volume but a little clumpy, so I like to combine it with Clump Crusher
- Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Beige (limited edition but can be found on Amazon) – People say this is a dupe for MAC’s Bare Study paint pot to give you an idea of the shade. It’s beige with a pink undertone and kind of metallic. I use it as a base for a lot of neutral looks and it doesn’t crease or give me any problems. LOVE it!
- MAC Shale eyeshadow – This is a soft mauve/purple/taupe sort of color and has a satin finish. It works as a lid as well as a crease color because there’s very subtle shimmer. I like it for neutral looks but also use it with a little bit of pink for more color.
- Lorac Pro Palette Light Pink shade: I love this as a lid color and I especially love it with Shale, but I also love it with all matte looks. It adds a pop of color to the eyes but the color is light enough that you can still consider it neutral.
Left: MAC Shale, Right: Maybelline Color Tattoo Barely Beige
- Maybelline Fit Me concealer – I am absolutely in love with this for concealing under the eyes. I apply it with a beautyblender and set it with MUFE HD Microfinish powder. It has a lot of coverage but is buildable for more.
- Revlon Nearly Naked pressed powder – This stuff is great for all over the face to set foundation and even everything out. It doesn’t look cakey at all and feels really nice on the skin.
- NYC Sunny Bronzer – I think this works really well on fair skin tones such as mine. It doesn’t look muddy or orange and I don’t have to use much to get a good contour. It blends out nicely and creates a very natural looking glow. It’s also completely matte which I love in a bronzer.
- Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque – I use this 1-2 times a week and it does a good job of clearing up my skin if I break out. It’s also good for blackheads and enlarged pores. I leave it on for 15 minutes and let it dry completely before I wash it off. It’s pretty thick so a little goes a long way. It smells like toothpaste which I don’t mind but I hear toothpaste is also good for breakouts so I guess that’s a good thing!
- Benefit skincare line – I am almost done with all the products from my sample set (details from haul post here). The only product I didn’t like was the exfoliator because I like exfoliators that also cleanse and this one just felt rough without any cleansing agent. I liked the regular face wash but I wouldn’t spend $22 for the full size when my usual face wash is just as good (Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser). I really liked the toner and both the moisturizers and have noticed a difference since I’ve used them. But again, I don’t want to spend that much money on those full-size products. The eye cream is good but I have yet to find something that actually makes my eyes less puffy. I can tell the skin under my eyes is more hydrated though, so I’m going to keep using eye cream as part of my routine.
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Toner – I had never used a toner before the Benefit one and then I realized how important it is! I bought this because it’s alcohol free and hydrating. I didn’t want to get anything that would dry out my skin. I use this every night after I shower, wash my face, and remove my makeup. It feels great and works really well to get all the excess makeup and dirt off my face. I can’t believe I never used a toner before now!
Tags: August favorites, beauty, Benefit, cosmetics, covergirl, favorites, Lorac, MAC, makeup, maybelline, nyc cosmetics, Revlon, skincare, the body shop
Leave a comment