I wanted to show you guys the type of look I would wear to a Christmas or New Years party since those days are soon approaching. I decided to build the eye look around Urban Decay’s Maui Wowie, a metallic golden beige with silver glitter. It’s definitely cooler than most gold shades. For the face, I wore my usual foundation, concealer, and bronzer. I used a cool pink blush with a light silver-pink highlight. I didn’t apply any lip color because I wasn’t actually going out but I would definitely use something light and neutral with this look.
I apologize for my hair in my face in the photos!
- NYX White Eyeshadow Base
- UD Maui Wowie on lid and middle lower lash line
- L’Oreal Infallible Iced Latte in inner corner and inner lower lash line
- MAC Copperplate in crease
- Too Faced Pillow Talk (Naked Eye Palette) above crease
- UD Pistol in outer corner and outer lower lash line
- Lorac Pro Palette Slate in far outer V
- L’Oreal Infallible Super Slim liner on upper lash line and wing
- Too Faced Perfect Eyes pencil on outer lower lash line
- (I used tape to get the straight line on the outer V)
- Covergirl Brow & Eye Makers pencil in Soft Blonde
- Rimmel Brow Pencil in Hazel
- Milani Brow Kit
- Benefit Speed Brow gel
- Lorac Pro Palette Cream to highlight
- Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous foundation
- Maybelline Fit Me concealer (under eyes)
- Benefit Boi-ing concealer (on blemishes)
- Elf HD powder (set under eyes)
- Hourglass Diffused Light Ambient Lighting Powder (all over face)
- NYC Sunny bronzer
- NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Boho Chic
- Elf Pink Passion blush
- Benefit High Beam
- Physician’s Formula Translucent Pearl highlighter
Tags: beauty, Benefit Cosmetics, christmas, cosmetics, covergirl, dramatic eye makeup, e.l.f., holiday, holiday look, hourglass, hourglass cosmetics, L'Oreal, Lorac, MAC, makeup, maybelline, milani, new years, Nyx, nyx cosmetics, physician's formula, rimmel, too faced, Urban Decay
Leave a comment
I know I haven’t posted in a long time…I suck. I have a draft of my October/November Favorites which is almost complete other than some swatches, but I have been pretty busy with schoolwork (the end of the semester is always rough). I thought I would have time to catch up last week while I was home for Thanksgiving but I ended up spending a lot of time with my family and friends. Not that that’s a bad thing of course – but just unfortunate I’ve gotten so behind on my blog.
The next two weeks are going to be pretty crazy with school so I’ll try to find some time to finish the Favorites post, but I probably won’t have time for other posts besides that. BUT, then I have a month off school and I will have no excuses! I’m planning on doing:
- the perfect palette tag
- a holiday makeup (and possibly hair) look/tutorial
- a review with swatches of the Smashbox Wondervision Mega Palette (getting it for Christmas!!)
- a review with swatches of my colored mascara collection and this will probably include some matching eyeliners of the colors I have
- products I would or have repurchased
- a short review of RapidBrow
- my favorite brushes
Can’t promise I will get all those done in the month I have off, but I will try! Let me know if there are any particular posts or types of posts you’d like to see. And don’t hesitate to ask any questions you might have!
So yeah sorry for the lack of posts but I will be back as soon as I can!